Hollywood Laser Peel
What is a Hollywood Laser Peel?
The Hollywood Laser Peel is a painless, no-downtime, highly requested procedure that instantly creates a radiant, glowing appearance. It received its name due to its popularity of treatments before walking the red carpet.
What are the benefits of a Hollywood Laser Peel?
The benefits are:
- Improved skin tone and texture
- Glowing, youthful-looking skin
- Smoother, softer feel
- Reduction of fine lines
- Collagen stimulation
- Safe for most skin tones
How does the Hollywood Laser Peel work?
The laser energy works in two ways:
- It targets the melanin (pigmentation) in the cells, breaking it up to be removed naturally by your body.
- It heats deep into the dermis, causing the skin to contract and stimulate collagen.
What should I expect during the treatment?
During the treatment:
- A light layer of Spectra carbon lotion is applied to the skin and needs to set for 10-15 minutes. One pass of the laser sets the carbon onto the skin.
- You will hear snapping sounds when the laser is fired and will feel a slight tingling or warmth as the laser removes the carbon along with a very fine layer of skin.
- The entire procedure lasts 30 minutes or less.
Is there any downtime?
No. You can immediately return to your regular activities following the treatment.
Is there any pain?
The majority of patients report no pain, they only experience a slight warming of their skin and a light prickly feeling. No anesthesia or topical is needed.
How many treatments will I need?
The Hollywood Laser Peel is a gentle procedure that can be performed every other week, monthly, or even just once before a special event. It depends on the results you are trying to achieve:
- Glowing skin before an event – a day or two prior to the event.
- Ongoing collagen stimulation, even skin tone, texture and youthful skin – once per month.